The current version of VPOP3 is version 6.10 build 2698
released on 22 August 2014.
You can download and use this version of VPOP3 if your software maintenance expired on or after 10 July 2014.
Main DownloadDownload VPOP3 Enterprise or Basic version 6.10 build 2698
Video TutorialVideo tutorial for downloading and installing VPOP3
ManualGetting Started Guide - Admin Guide (PDF) - Online Reference Guide (PDF)
Older VersionsDownload previous versions of VPOP3
Please note - if you are using Internet Explorer 10, then you may need to turn on 'Compatibility Mode' to access the VPOP3 settings. There should be no problem in IE 8 or 9, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Safari.
From VPOP3 v6 onwards we are not issuing new licence keys. You can download and use this software with your existing VPOP3 v5 licence key, as long as your software maintenance expires on or after the release date of the version of the software you are downloading.
If your software maintenance expired before the release date, then you can download older versions here (including previous v6 builds if any).
For more information, see our Blog.
If you are not sure when your software maintenance expires, you can see this, by going to My Account or the Upgrade Checker. The VPOP3 installer will check the software maintenance expiry during installation so you do not accidentally install a version you are not licenced to use.
If you are upgrading from a previous version to version 5.x or later see our upgrade instructions.
Build 2689 is a bugfix for build 2688. We have not updated the version number, as you can download this version if your software maintenance applies up to the original release date of v6.9 (10th July 2014), not the release date of this fix. The fix only affects VPOP3 Enterprise users, and fixes a problem with the IMAP4 STATUS command, which a few email clients use.
The main differences between 6.9 and 6.8 are:
- In VPOP3 Enterprise, users can be in multiple groups to allow easier folder sharing
- In VPOP3 Enterprise, have the option to ‘lock’ folders so they can’t be renamed or deleted (by allow the administrator to set permissions for the folder owner, rather than assuming the owner has full permissions)
- Changes to the SSL support in VPOP3 to stop problems sending to some other mail servers
- Allow creating subfolders of ‘Inbox’ in Webmail
- When changing the archive folder location, move previously archived messages to the new location in the background rather than requiring manual move
- Fix problem with Add/Edit Alias window in Firefox
- Add more options for automatic updates of VPOP3 with the aim of reducing the need for manual updates
- Improvements to the “news” notifications within the VPOP3 settings, to alert administrators to updates/problems they may need to be aware of.
- And lots more
The main differences between 6.0 and 5.0 are:
- Configurable bandwidth limits for VPOP3 services
- POP3 service can 'hold' messages rather than delete them, as a crude backup facility
- Have options to hold messages for a certain time once they arrive in the outqueue, and to delete them if they have been in the outqueue for a long time. Eg, you could say to hold messages for 10 minutes after they are sent, so that there is chance for a message to be deleted before being sent, or you could say that messages should be held for 10 days, so that they have to be manually released before they can be sent. This can be set globally or for individual users, or even scripted using Lua
- Support mass deletions/holds for outqueue messages, using searches to be able to filter messages to hold/delete
- Add security lockouts to IMAP4/Webmail/POP3 for IP addresses which repeatedly attempt to login using bad details
- Lots of improvements to CalDAV support for better compatibility with iPads, Macs, Android phones and other devices/software
- Improvements to Webmail
- Make it easier to store the Archive main store on a network share
- Can Pause/Unpause scheduling from the status monitor
- Some improvements to Download Rules
- And lots more
The main differences between 5.0 and 4.0 are:
- Webmain includes Calendar support
- Message Rules (VPOP3 Enterprise) to filter incoming messages to different folders on the server
- Autoresponder improvements to allow easier configuration of multiple autoresponders, or multiple triggers for autoresponders
- Uses PostgreSQL 9.1 to allow replication of database for warm standby servers
- All message data is stored in the database to allow easier restores/migrates, and replication to standby servers
- Most configuration data is now in the database to allow replication of configuration changes to standby servers as well
- Partial restore from backups (VPOP3 Enterprise)
- Message 'recycle bin' to undo accidental deletes easily (VPOP3 Enterprise)
- Simple mobile compatible Webmail
- SPF support
- BATV support
- IPS/IDS support
- Improved performance when clearing large inboxes or deleting users
- Configurable quarantine report times
- Configurable database backup times
- Ability to turn off 'database backed up successfully' messages
- Sending quotas for users
- Improved MX sending support
- Ability to selectively re-download messages from remote POP3 servers
- Fix errors with non-ASCII characters in several places
- Pay-as-you-go SMS support
- Pay-as-you-go Fax support
- And lots more
The differences between v5.0g and v5.0e are:
- Add support for "VPOP3 Antivirus" to replace avast! for VPOP3 after the end of 2012
- 0000872: [Admin] User autoresponder filters/triggers are not saved
- 0000743: [Admin] Option appearing to create global autoresponder
- 0000860: [Admin] Daily report generation setting not sticking
- 0000856: [Admin] Outqueue shows message time in UTC, not local time
- 0000859: [Admin] POP3 port Warning triangle doesn't disappear sometimes
- 0000858: [Admin] POP3 Port changes to 110 if 995 chosen but not SSL
- 0000855: [Admin] Submit button not appearing in 'Edit User' in Home User licence
- 0000846: [Admin] VPOP3 locks up when adding a new user when there are lots of users defined
- 0000832: [Admin] Database settings page not working on VPOP3 Basic
- 0000831: [IMAP4 Server] Support CHARSET US-ASCII properly in IMAP4 searches
- 0000813: [Admin] Suppress error message when entering Settings -> Database
- 0000822: [SMTP Server] If 'disabled default mappings' is disabled for local mail, then SMTP server doesn't handle it properly
- 0000821: [SMTP Server] <mailinglist>_owner not being recognised as a valid address
- 0000814: [Admin] Possibly forwarding deleted messages to assistant
- 0000811: [Misc] Mailing list %n and %l wildcards return blank values